Friday, January 21, 2011

rain.




Sometimes, I feel dryer than the Atacama Desert. All these thoughts come to my head,  I feel like just maybe... I'm doing too much and it would be easier to just go back to the easy old way of doing things. 





But then I really realized...

Mankind wasn't created to be this way.

To be sleepwalking people wondering around  in the desert. Just waiting for something to wake us up.
To have a purpose in this life and not just go through the motions.

It's a choice.

In Exodus, There was a group of people who were set apart for something greater. But old mindsets and choices held them back from the promised land. They wondered around a desert for forty years and it really  only a few days to journey to their destination. Eventually, they reached the place that God has promised them but it wasn't in their time... it was in God's timing. 

It might be a drought now but remember that rain is coming .


I was in a conversation with a friend about the calling on my life and one thing that he told me really stuck out ...  


"90% of successful christians... are NOT comfortable and constantly pursuing what God has called them to do"

It freaked me out...

Because I knew right then... I was on the edge of being comfortable and in the desert.

I needed to change old religious mindsets and be the person who I was created to be. 
I shouldn't be comfortable with the world.
There was a choice.
Change.


  




Just remember God always hears you... and loves you. Whether you feel like it or not and the Holy Spirit is always speaking. Draw yourself closer to him in prayer, reading the Bible, and just taking a few seconds to focus on Him and not what the world wants from you. We were not created to be deserts but waterfalls with water coming in and water coming out. Also, that He wants to wash everything away and make you new person inside and out.






"I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace." -Acts 20:23-24




 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." -Hebrews 12:1-3


  "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."-1 Corinthians 9:23-25




Blog ya later- ashnmaggard

No comments:

Post a Comment